Educational Resources for Patients
About Kidney Disease
- Coalition for Supportive Care of Kidney Patients: My Way Advance Directive
- AL Advance Directive
- MS Advance Directive
- TN Advance Directive
Healthy Living Resources
- Heart Health
- Physical Activity
- Restless Leg Syndrome – English | Spanish
- Smoking Cessation
- Dialysis Patient Depression Toolkit
- The Facts About Mental Illness
- Living Well on Dialysis
- What You Should Know About Depression
- Goal Setting Workbook
- Zone Tool: Self-Management for Depression
Beginning in January 2006, Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage became available to people with Medicare. You choose the plan (coverage) that works best for you, and Medicare will help pay for your medicines.
Medicare open enrollment occurs each year from October 15-December 7. During open enrollment, you can change your Medicare health and/or prescription drug plan. You can enroll by calling 1-800-MEDICARE or going online.
Each state has a State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) to provide health benefits counseling to Medicare beneficiaries free of charge. Click here to locate the SHIP in your state.
CMS Publications for ESRD Patients
- Social Security Administration: 2018 Red Book
- Medicare Coverage of Kidney Dialysis and Kidney Transplant Services – If you have permanent kidney failure this booklet tells you about Medicare and transplant
- How to Get Medicare if Your Kidneys Fail