Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Coronavirus (COVID-19) How to Stay Protected and What to Do If You Are Sick?
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) ESRD Provider Telehealth and Telemedicine Tool Kit
Network 14 Texas ESRD Emergency Coalition (TEEC) toll-free hotline is here to support you during COVID-19. Please call TEEC at 866-407-3773 (press 2 for Spanish) for assistance. If this is a medical emergency, please hang up and call 911. Our ESRD Network of Texas staff are here to assist with basic questions concerning the COVID-19 virus. For example:
- Inability to eat during treatment
- Change of dialysis treatment times for social distancing
- What to do about public transportation?
- What happens if patient decline to wear a mask?
- What happens if I run out of PPE supplies?
Your call will be answered in the order of receipt. Please note the ESRD Network 14 staff are not medically trained to provide medical advice. You can also find information and resources on the the ESRD Network 14 website under News or TEEC website links below.
Texas COVID-19 Mental Health Hotline 1-833-986-1919 additional information available here.
The mission of the Texas ESRD Emergency Coalition is to coordinate Planning, Preparedness, Response and Recovery to Emergency Events affecting the Texas ESRD community.
Contact TEEC Toll-Free at (866) 407-ESRD—1 (866) 407-3773
Texas ESRD Emergency Coalition Disaster Preparedness Video for Patients
Patient Wristband Identification
The patient wristbands contain important information about you to help first responder and other emergency crew best support you during an emergency. Facilities can give the bands out to patients whenever they feel is best. We suggest coastal areas give out the patient bands each year at the start of hurricane season, while other facilities choose to hand them out in preparation for an anticipated weather emergency. Others give them out once a year; it’s up to what you think is best for your facility and patient population.
- Purple Wristband Flyer
- To order wrist bands call 1-800-521-5123 or visit www.tabband.com. The wrist bands are TabBand Shield, product number H-2211 142L. If you are ordering online, the lilac color is not listed but put in the notes on the order that you would like the lilac wrist bands.
- To create patient labels for the patient ID bands, use the documents below. Be sure to save the documents onto your computer and do not change the name of the document or the mail merge will not work.
- Instructions to create patient labels
- Patient info spreadsheet
- Mail merge word document
- Example Wristband
If you have questions about making the patient ID bands please contact debbie.o’firstname.lastname@example.org or 469-916-3804.
Patient IDNums are now available on CROWNWeb/ EQRS.
Clear Document Bags and Purple Emergency “Go Bags”
CLEAR EMERGENCY DOCUMENT BAG! CURRENTLY AVAILABLE Emergency Document Bag Announcement (click here to visit Texas Ready)
ORDER YOUR PURPLE EMERGENCY BAGS! **ONLY for dialysis facilities that have an ESRD Network Contract / Agreement**
ESRD of Network of Texas would like to notify all Texas dialysis facilities of a new product available to in-center dialysis patients. ESRD and Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS) have partnered together to design a purple “grab and go” bag for patients at no cost. This “grab and go” bag can be used to place clothes, medications, the facility clear plastic emergency bag inside. To order your bags please contact David Rivera at email email@example.com and follow the below instructions.
Please only place one order per facility. Please order your bags and disburse to your patients. At this time we are asking facilities to only order one bag per person. Please do not call TDSHS and send an email regarding your order as it will cause a delay in processing all received requests, thank you.
To order via email please include the following information:
- Subject Line: ESRD of TX Purple Emergency Bags (this is not the clear bags)
- Facility clinic number (please include if applicable/ Medicare Provider Number)
- Facility name
- Facility address (please include suite number if applicable)
- Facility email address
- Exact number of bags (one bag per in-center patient) in your order request. Example: # of in-center patients = 50 your total order request is 50 bags.
Are You READY?
The R.E.A.D.Y packet is available for download in English and Spanish.
- R is for Rx (Prescriptions). Keep a list of all medicines you take. Always have a week’s supply on hand.
- E is for E.R. Go to the emergency room if you have serious problems. Here’s a list to remind you.
- A is for access to people & places. Make a list of phone numbers most important to you.
- D is for diet & liquids. Keep safe supplies on hand. When you can’t go to dialysis, you can’t drink much at all!
- Y is for YOU! Make a plan with family, friends & neighbors to stay safe.
The R.E.A.D.Y packet is available for download here: