The Alliant Health Solutions (AHS) Healthcare-associated infections (HAI) Surveillance & Dashboard tool is a modifiable spreadsheet designed to support nursing facility infection prevention and control (IPC) surveillance. This spreadsheet features line lists, data tables, and graphs for respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, gastrointestinal tract infections, skin and soft tissue infections, and multi-drug resistant organism (MDRO) surveillance. The spreadsheet allows infection preventionists to track and display facility-wide HAIs, which will be useful for reports, quality improvement committees, regulatory visits, etc. The tool can also be adapted for facility-specific IPC needs and surveillance priorities.
In This Issue
- Alliant-Created Resource
- Take Five Minutes for COVID-19 Education
- Perfect Storm Brewing? Influenza Activity Surging Early While Vaccination Lags
- What Is Long COVID?
- How’s My Mental Health? A Self-Assessment for Checking in and Taking Action
- “It Is OK To Be Not OK”: A Virtual Handbook to Help You Cope
- Preventing Chronic Disease (PCD): Student Call for Papers
- County Health Rankings and Roadmaps
- The Health Insurance Marketplace Is Open
- Open Enrollment Theme Weeks of Action
Two American Heart Association Cardiovascular Disease/Heart Health Risk Assessments
1) Understand the difference between cleaning and disinfecting.
2) Identify the EPA List K cleaning agents that are effective against C. difficile.
3) Develop a guideline to describe who cleans what in the nursing facility.
This session will review the burden of sepsis in nursing home facilities, steps to prevent sepsis in nursing home residents, and tools and resources for the early recognition and management of sepsis.
Infection Preventionists (IP), Nursing Home leadership, Clinical leadership.