Vision, Mission & Goals
To lead in supporting optimal health outcomes and positive experiences of care for all ESRD patients in this region.
To promote safe, equitable, and effective health care and to engage patients and their families as full and active members of the ESRD health care team.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has awarded two new five-year task orders to Alliant Health Solutions to serve as a Network of Quality Improvement and Innovation Contractor (NQIIC) for End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Networks 8 and 14.
In these ESRD Networks, Alliant will work on national priorities and goals, collaborating with stakeholders on interventions that target patients, dialysis/transplant providers, and other providers. CMS has directed Networks to incorporate a focus on rural health and vulnerable populations in the task order activities.
Alliant will focus on the CMS priorities of improving the healthcare quality of ESRD providers and other providers; improvement of ESRD population health and outcomes; and building advisory committees and community coalitions in support of better care, smarter spending, and healthier people. The five program goals include:
- Improving behavioral health outcomes;
- Improving patient safety and reduce harm;
- Improving care in high cost/complex chronic conditions;
- Reducing hospital admissions, readmissions, and outpatient emergency visits; and
- Improving nursing home care in low-performing providers
Goals Supporting CMS Priorities
CMS requires facilities to cooperate with Network goals and activities as outlined in the Conditions for Coverage. As minimum performance standards, dialysis facilities should comply with the following goals:
- Clarify to patients their responsibilities, demonstrate respect for the rights of patient and family members, and promote patient and family-centered care and engagement.
- Assess the appropriateness of patients for transplantation, home-based therapies, and in-center care, and make timely referrals of suitable candidates to modalities that increase opportunities for rehabilitation. As appropriate, support patient participation in vocational rehabilitation programs.
- Establish and maintain a quality assessment and performance improvement program that evaluates the care provided and prioritizes opportunities to improve patient care.
- Utilize the ESRD Quality Incentive Program for clinical and consumer experience of care guidance. In 2016, the Network 8 Board of Directors and Medical Review Board approved the adoption of the annual ESRD Quality Incentive Program goals for all Network 8 facilities in lieu of creating additional clinical goals. Please click here to view the current QIP Achievement Thresholds, Benchmarks, and Performance Standards.
- Submit data and information timely and accurately in EQRS per CMS requirements and submit accurate and timely data to the Network as specified by assigned projects. Register in NHSN, enroll in the Network 8 group, and submit dialysis event data and information timely and accurately per CMS guidelines.
- Provide requested information promptly in the course of emergency response events.